Thursday, 7 June 2018
Every day life of a informal settlement child
Informal settlement
This morning when I woke up with drops of water on my face from the small rusty hole above me but for some reason my two older brothers,Charlie and mason never get wet.Everything was calm until there I heard it again mom and dad fighting about money again by then I was sopping wet and really cold.
When I released that It was school in twenty minutes. I rushed out of the bed and ran outside to the bucket and started washing my self quickly.outside was very dirty. I ran inside and got dressed in my uniform my shoes had big holes in them.It was time to go so I got a piece of bread and waved at my mom and dad and started walking I would say the walk is about 3km. I passed the old bakery and saw Mr.somore and I waved and then carried on walking.
finally I got to school. I saw John and Tim talking about how the government might give us all new homes made of real bricks and everything but I never believed that nonsense.As I walked in to school I heard Mrs.Brown saying that we were going to write an SA all about our family. I started to panic because I had not studied but anyway mom wouldn’t care if I failed or passed and I’m not worried about dad because I knew that he doesn’t even care if I was home or not.
Right there next to the crack in the wall I heard in my ear as they pointed at me.It was Samantha,Lisa and Annie making fun of me again. I really wanted to cry but then I felt a warm hand on my cold shoulder it was Mrs.Brown she said it is ok in a Calm voice then she said loud Class is going to start now.
As she said that I ran to the chairs because there are twenty chairs and 50 learners but I was to slow and ended up sitting on the cold dirty floor I sat next to the Suzan and Daniel and we learnt about maths we had to share text books and pencils, Xhosa we wrote our names and then we wrote some sentences and then we ended of with a song about the government coming to give us new homes.
when school was finished I said good bye to everyone and then rushed out of the door and started walking home.
when I got home my mom said to me that I need to pack all my stuff in bags because my mom was leaving my dad and she decided to leave during the day while he at work.When we were all packed we all ran for a taxi.As we got in the taxi my mom told me we were moving to Atlantis.
My mom said it was much more safe there and our grand parents lived there.When we got there I saw a house not a shack a Real house with real bricks and everything.As we drove down a street I saw a house that said number twelve on it the same number mom had said it was.The house had small shiny windows and and a big brown door with a small lawn and a few flowers on the lawn.
When the taxi stoped we got out and knocked on the door and my granny and grandad opened the door.They both gave us big hugs and granny showed us where our bedrooms were and my room had pink walls and a big bed, I had a bed Side table with a lamp on it my sheets smelt fresh and soft.After we unpacked all my things in the cupboard granny told me to come and have dinner.
We had chicken noodle soup and talked about our new schools. I was really excited and scared at the same time.After dinner we had to get clean and put on our pajamas.When we were done getting clean we went to bed mom gave me a kiss and said sleep tight and do me a favor and don’t worry to much about it.
In the morning I got dressed and had some warm porridge and said good bye to everyone and started walking to school the walk was about five minutes.When I got to school everyone was really nice and the Teacher was really kind and I made a new friend her name was Pippa.We all lived happily ever after.
The end
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is very long but, it’s very sweet!
ReplyDelete